- It confirms the installation is free from defects prior to billing
- It contains vital customer feedback on their experience of the install
- It is a tool which quickly highlights safety issues
- If collated, it can be used as a measure for engineer or company defects
- The form confirms other trades have completed their element of the work
- It provides the company with a record of the customer's satisfaction
- Clients expect a satisfaction mechanism that can be measured
Who would use it?
- Small company owner
- Lead Engineer
- Line Manager
- Quality Control Representative
- Technical Officer
What is it?
The 'Quality Assurance Sign Off Form' is a 2 sided document used to ensure all elements of the installation have been completed and to the correct standard. The form helps identify the areas that would most affect customer/client satisfaction and will help reduce potential recalls and safety issues.
When would you use it?
You would use the 'Quality Assurance Sign Off Form' on all installation type work. The document reflects to the customer/client that you are serious about high standards and getting it right prior to billing. The form can also be used where you feel you are completing an installation for a customer who has particularly high standards. This will ensure that you have paid a visit and confirmed satisfaction enabling either payment or negating any future issues/disagreements around quality (especially in a small claims court!).
Why would you use it?
You would use the 'Quality Assurance Sign Off Form' to very quickly identify potential problems where a job isn't actually completed/not completed to the required standards. It is always more professional to ensure you manage the job through until the final payment. Customer's having to take time to complain will usually require a reduction in price!
It has to be said that medium to larger companies operate customer satisfaction surveys or quality control procedures to ensure work is completed to the customer's/client's satisfaction. Customers/clients alike expect to see this mechanism within a quality organisation and when bidding for contracts it is usually a pre-requisite within the tender process questioning.
Please be aware that to purchase and use this template you must be 'Gas Safe' registered.
Non Members: £7.49 Members: Free