- Records the materials requirement for the proposed installation
- Reduces the risk of material shortages
- Reduces additional visits to the merchant
- Ensures all materials are identified and costed to the job
- Can be faxed or sent by email to the merchant
- Can be checked against the delivery note for merchant shortages
Who would use it?
- Any other person surveying for potential installation works
What is it?
The 'Installation Materials Order Form' is a 2 sided document used by the surveyor to record the materials requirement for the potential installation job. The form is best used to record the major items whilst the 'Materials Requisition Form' would record all the smaller items for the same job.
When would you use it?
You would use the 'Installation Materials Order Form' on all installation type work which requires the necessity for an individual survey to be completed.
Why would you use it?
You would use the 'Installation Materials Order Form' as a simplistic mechanism to record the required materials ready for pricing I can then be faxed, pdf'd or emailed to the supplier. The form takes a few minutes to complete but can save valuable time and avoid disagreements on material shortages at the time of the installation.
For the medium to large companies there are usually regular complaints regarding materials shortages from poor surveys. These shortages create additional visits to the merchants delaying expected completion times. If this element isn't included in the standard process for surveying installation work then it can have a major impact on work planning, customer satisfaction, employee morale and ultimately profit margins. Using this template will help you communicate better with each level of your business and suppliers. Again this has been developed to enable you to alter the template to meet your individual needs.
Non Members: £3.99 Members: Free