- Enables the user to follow a recognised template when recording actions
- Ensures there is a measurable meeting output of agreed tasks
- The action log automatically records all overdue actions
- The log can be kept on a central location and updated by all attendees
- Actions can be filtered by each individual
- The date is automatically updated from the computers clock
- Action status is traffic lighted by its current status e.g. open, started or done
- There is a 'Current status' bar chart against action log status
- Actions can be hidden when completed to keep the log at a manageable size
- The log is in 'Excel' so additional lines can be added
- The log can be placed on a projector at the beginning and end of each meeting for updating of progress
Who would use it?
- Lead Engineer
- Quality Control Officer
- Project Leader
- Anyone who issues tasks
What is it?
The 'Action Log' is an electronic form constructed to record all agreed tasks / action areas from the meeting outputs.
When would you use it?
You would use the 'Action Log' when you want to record the following:
- Keep a track on overdue actions
- Outputs of meeting
- Feedback to hierarchy on progress
- Who raised the action
- What is the issue
- What is the action
- Who is to complete the action
- Meeting date
- When the action is due
- Action Status
- Additional Comments
Why would you use it?
You would use the 'Action Log' to ensure action progress is monitored post meeting. This is a superb tool for project managers and line managers alike as it brings the outstanding tasks to life ensuring you have a full picture of deadlines and progress. It can be easily sent via email and used on a laptop if required rather than a blank sheet.
Most users have an action log for each type of meeting to ensure they have full sight of the size of each task, especially if on a project. The action log can be used for a number of disciplines but ultimately it enables the user to concentrate on the task at hand and leave the log to remember what needs to be completed.
Non Members: £7.49 Members: Free