- Provides the gas operative with a blank 'method statement template'
- The method statement template allows the gas operative to assess the steps required to complete the task in a pre-defined format
- Assists the gas operative to build a suite of method statement templates for pre-tenders, tenders and company procedures
- Should be used when carrying out survey's and programmes of work
- Ensures the company maintains a safe image to its employees, customer and clients
- There can be major penalties for failing to carry out method statements
Who would use it?
- Quality control engineers
- Lead engineers
- Health and safety officers
- Call centre staff
What is it?
This 'Method Statement Template' is a '3 to 4' page document formulated to assist the user carry out an assessment of method when applying a task. The method of inspection is one of a procedural examination of the job route to identify and assess the various element steps of the completed task and hence control measures required. The gas operative would generally carry out a 'Walk the job' assessment of the tasks required and the method of application.
When would you use it?
Method Statements should be completed for all tasks undertaken by every company / organisation. A method statement should not only be completed prior to commencement of each task but also should be reviewed periodically, when process's change, new employees, new substances or places of work etc.
Why would you use it?
You would use the 'Method Statement Template' to ensure that everyone responsible to undertake the task are supplied with procedural steps and control measures. Within the method statement , the competent person carrying out the examination should be able to identify the procedural steps and put in place adequate controls to ensure compliance and understanding.
Method Statements assist organisations to protect themselves and others exposed to their operational work and environment by the use of an assessment with control actions. Organisations are open to huge penalties, fines and imprisonment if these assessments are not in place and can be easily inspected on request; especially if an accident or injury occurs and the organisation is investigated.
Non Members: £7.99 Members: Free